At Holliday Park, for example, you can learn about bird-watching, consult with a gardening club or take a hike to learn about edible plants. The park also offers a series of Teach and Toil workshops, where you'll spent part of the class learning about a gardening topic and the remainder of the class working to restore the park's Rock Garden.
If you're more in the mood for physical education, try the classes and rec-league teams for swimming, softball, golf, yoga, tennis, cycling, soccer, basketball and more.
For rainy days, Indy Parks also offers plenty of indoor learning opportunities, including:
- Open studio painting and sculpture at the Garfield Park Arts Center.
- Flower-arranging, gardening and koi-pond classes at the Garfield Park Conservatory.
- Sewing, drawing and painting classes at Broad Ripple Park.
- A variety of dance classes in multiple locations.
- CPR and first-aid classes in multiple locations.