- Herb gardens -- Learn how to plant herbs; 2 p.m. at Smith & Hawken; free.
- Stepping stone workshop -- Learn how to make a decorative stepping stone; 10 a.m. Saturday at Garfield Park Conservatory; $5 (includes materials).
- Wire sculpting -- Make two pendants and learn basic wire-working techniques; 10 a.m. Saturday at Bead Boutique (Carmel); $50 (includes materials).
- Asian festival -- Starting at 11 a.m., the Garfield Park pagoda will play host to an Asian festival, which features food, cultural entertainment, vendors and even a bridal fashion show; free.
- Home improvement -- Don't forget the Home Depot workshops on topics such as container gardening and laying tile. See previous post for details.
- Cooking -- The Chef's Academy is offering a class on fish identification and cookery; 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.; $75.
I'm not listing any classes for Sunday, because you should be very busy pampering your mother (or being pampered by your kids).