- The IMCPL Glendale branch is offering a creative writing workshop, from 1:30 to 4:30 p.m. Tuesday. The instructor is Susan Lawson, a published writer. Call (317) 275-4410 to register. (If you can't make it this week, the class repeats on July 21, Aug. 18 and Sept. 15.)
- The Indianapolis Art Center is offering several workshops this coming weekend. Topics include interior design, pastel painting, metal patinas and steel fabrication sculpture.
- The Holcomb Observatory at Butler University is open this weekend for public tours. Don't miss the planetarium show, which focuses on the planet Saturn.
- Kiss Z Cook will offer classes this week on cooking with fruit (6:30 p.m., Wednesday) and grilling seafood favorites (2 p.m., Saturday).
- At Frasier's Gourmet Foods, chef Brad Kline will teach a class on summer soups (6:30 p.m., Thursday).
- Boca Loca Beads is offering a mini lampworking session (6 p.m., Wednesday). You'll learn about safety precautions and the basics of glass before making a few glass beads of your own.
- The IUPUI Community Learning Network is offering its one-week Spanish Immersion Institute (level one) this week, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Sunday, June 14, 2009
Classes This Week
Sad but true: Summer is always a quiet time for adult continuing-education classes. If you're desperately hunting for something to learn this week, here are a few options:
Labels: adult continuing education, indianapolis
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment