But here are a few highlights we haven't discussed much:
- Best free film series: Lockerbie Central United Methodist Church offers left-leaning films about politics, the environment, social justice and other controversial topics. As a bonus, you can pick up a latte or green tea from Indy's only fair-trade, organic coffee shop.
- Best unconventional workout: Confident Woman of Indy helps you get fit with the fine art of pole- and lap-dancing. Don't worry: Classes are for women only and are closed to spectators.
- Best fitness classes: Brick House Fitness offers a huge range of classes, from dance to strength training. Today's schedule alone lists 17 options, running from 5 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Best music lessons: Arthur's Music Store, located in Fountain Square, provides the usual music lessons (guitar, piano) and some unconventional options (bagpipes, hammered dulcimer, mandolin).
- Best welding classes (yes, really): The welding classes at Sutton-Garten are taught by a local metals artist, Chris Foster. The facility is now enrolling for December/January classes, which meet for five Monday evenings. Want to see what you can do with a little welding know-how? Check out Foster's online gallery.