- If you prefer paper catalogs to online versions, the IUPUI Community Learning Network's fall calendar is in today's Star.
- This month, Clark Appliances continues its series of cooking classes with topics such as Mexican cooking (vegetarian style), convection cooking, barbecuing ribs and making pizzas.
- The J. Everett Light Career Center has released its fall calendar. It leans heavily toward GED and ESL programs, but there are a few fun classes tucked in there: drawing, painting, working with precious metal clay, languages, fitness and photography.
- Want to learn more about rum? Vine & Table has a "Minister of Rum" class Aug. 13.
- If you're planning to go star-gazing soon, note that the J.I. Holcomb Observatory and Planetarium at Butler is closed until mid-September for maintenance and repairs.
Sunday, August 3, 2008
First, some good news: I've just finished a massive, all-consuming work project. You can now expect more frequent postings and a return to my busy class-reviewing schedule! Here are a few tidbits to get us started: